Would you like to have the opportunity to be one of the first people to read my work?
I have a few beta readers, but I would like to have some more, especially since with Shadow Stalker I’ll be publishing something once a month. I know people won’t always be available, so the more people I have helping out, the better.
A beta reader is someone who reads your manuscript after it’s been edited and gives you feedback to help you further refine it. You don’t need experience as an editor or proofreader, and you wouldn’t need to go through it with a fine tooth comb. Just make notes, as you’re reading, of the things you happen to catch. The feedback I need from my beta readers includes:
* Sharing your thoughts on what you read. In other words, tell me whether or not you liked it and why (the why is very important).
* Telling me if there’s something missing from the story. Does it seem like there are gaps or loose ends?
* Letting me know if there are parts you don’t understand or find confusing.
* Pointing out parts of the story that don’t need to be there.
* Identifying grammatical errors that are there (you don’t have to be a grammar expert).
* Whether the story seemed to flow naturally, or was it choppy or too fast/slow paced. Did you feel drawn into the story?
* Whether the characters and dialogue were realistic?
For the Shadow Stalker series I would need to hear from you within a week of sending it to you. That will give me time to make any final edits before publishing. You would have 3 to 4 weeks to read through my novels.
If this is something you’d like to do, just send an email to email@example.com. I’ll be sending out the manuscript for Episode 1 in about a week. Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂