I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Juneta Key at Writer’s Gambit. Thanks Juneta! 😀
As part of being nominated I have to answer 11 questions for Juneta, so here we go:
Who is your favorite author?
If you had 3 wishes what would they be?
In no particular order…
- Success with my writing career
- Good health for my husband and I (we’ve both got health issues at the moment)
- A trip to the US to visit my family
If you were given a free round trip ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
The US to visit my family. I haven’t seen them in ten years and they’ve never met my husband and daughter. So it would be nice to visit everyone.
Would you rather live near the ocean, forest, mountains or the fourth option;)?
I prefer living near the ocean (and I do) 😀
What is your favorite genre of music?
I like all kinds of music, but my favorite right now is symphonic rock.
Plane, Train, Boat, Car or other for vacation travel?
Plane because it gets you there faster, although I wouldn’t mind going on a cruise.
Where is your favorite place to escape from the daily grind to?
My bedroom for a nap. Yeah, I know it’s not very exciting, but I get tired easily. Besides I come up with some great ideas for stories while resting. 🙂
What is your best memory?
The day my daughter was born, which oddly was my worst memory because we nearly lost her, but she was born healthy after an emergency c-section, so what more can we ask. 😀
Do you have a hobbit? if not, what would you like to do for a hobby? ROFL @ SELF okay this error was too good to correct—go ahead tell me who is your favorite hobbit?
LOL Yes, I have a hobby (reading), and my favorite hobbit is Sam because he is so loyal.
What is the most memorable book you have read, or movie if not a big reader?
Wow, most memorable book. I can’t think of any book that hit me so profoundly as the Star Wars movies, so I’ll go with that.
Would you travel around the world in 80 days if you could?
It depends on how much I’d actually get to see. Wouldn’t be worth it unless you could actually spend time in each place you visit.
Also as part of the nomination, I need to share with you 11 random facts about myself:
- I’m an Aquarius and I’m actually quite proud of that fact.
- I started cooking for my family when I was ten years old and I love cooking to this day.
- I won my first writing award when I was in high school. It was a collaboration project I did with two friends for a radio drama script writing contest. We won first place in the contest with our story: A Knight to Forget
- I never considered writing my stories, even though I loved telling stories all my life, until I was in college and my English instructor suggested I consider getting my work published.
- My favorite color is green.
- I love the ocean, but I hate sand.
- I have a pen name no one (well almost no one) knows about that I use to write for another genre.
- Pizza is my favorite food.
- If I ever become wealthy, it’s my dream to start a not-for-profit organization that will allow anyone, even low income earners, to own their own home.
- My favorite tea is Twinings English Breakfast Tea (and it was my favorite before Anastasia Steele’s so :P)
- The first thing I do every morning as soon as I wake up is check my emails on my tablet.
Now I have to nominate 11 other bloggers (and I’m really beginning to wonder about the significance of this 11 thing, cause it’s setting off my OCD). So I nominate:
- Melissa Barker-Simpson
- Quanie Miller
- Fergus McCartan
- Dragon Knights Book Promotions
- Jan Marie
- Barbara Alsop
- Louise Findlay
- Debra Mauldin
- Writing Room 101
- M.J. Moores
- Quan Williams
How many books (on average) do you read each year?
What’s your zodiac sign?
What would you consider to be your greatest achievement in life?
If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
What do you enjoy more, watching TV, watching movies or reading? Why?
Have you ever won anything? If so, what was it and how did you win it?
What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
Would you want to be famous? Why or why not?
Have you ever read a book that once you were done you had to read it again right away? What was it? What made it so great for you that you had to read it a second (third, fourth…) time?
What is your favorite beverage?
Do you prefer hot or cold weather? Why?
If anyone else would like to answer any of these questions just for fun, I’d love to hear your answers in the comments below!