Reading books in grammar school 2010-2011, class I II III – a list
List of obligatory and supplementary readings for grades I, II and III of junior high school. Also provided are examples of suggested reading. ROZPORZĄDZENIE MINISTRA EDUKACJI NARODOWEJ, z dnia 29 sierpnia 2008 r.
Reading Class I, Junior High School 2010/2011, list of references
See the best essays for sale.
– John Kochanowski – selected epigrams, Threnody (V, VII, VIII);
– Ignacy Krasicki – selected fables;
– Adam Mickiewicz – The Ballad of Adam Mickiewicz Dziady cz. II
– Henryk Sienkiewicz – a selected historical novel (Quo vadis, Crossżacy or Potop);
The book is a supplementary reading, the decision belongs to the Polish language teacher:
– William Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet;
– Molière Świętoszek or The Miser;
– Adam Mickiewicz – a selected ballad, Reduta Ordona;
– Bolesław Prus or Eliza Orzeszkowa – a selected novella;
– selected poems by the following poets of the twentieth century.The poem is written by: Maria Pawlikowska-Jasnorzewska, Kazimierz Wierzyński, Julian Tuwim, Czesław Miłosz, ks. Jan Twardowski, Wisława Szymborska, Zbigniew Herbert;
– Aleksander Kaminski Kamienie na szaniec or Arkady Fiedler Squadron 303;
– The poem deals with the Holocaust, e.g. a selected short story by Ida Fink
– Konstanty Ildefons Gałczyński – selected works;
– Stanisław Lem – a selected short story;
– Sławomir Mrożek – a selected short story;
– Antoine de Saint Exupéry The Little Prince;
– A selected adventure novel; a selected young adult moral novel (e.g. Małgorzata Musierowicz, Dorota Terakowska or other contemporary authors dealing with adolescence);
– A selected work of fantasy (e.g. Works by: Ursula Le Guin, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, Andrzej Sapkowski);
– selected detective story (e.g. Arthur Conan Doyle’s or Agatha Christie’s); a selected short story from XX century world literature. (other than those indicated above);
– selected contemporary novel from Polish and world literature (other than the one mentioned above);
– Other books indicated by the teacher or suggested by students (at least one per year).
Texts to be learnt in whole or in part (the decision belongs to the Polish language teacher):
– Homer Iliad i The Odyssey or Jan Parandowski The Adventures of Odysseus; Song of about Roland;
– Juliusz Słowacki Balladyna;
– Miron Bialoszewski A memoir from the Warsaw Uprising;
– Ryszard Kapuściński – a selected work.
– Bible (description of the creation of the world and man from the Book of Genesis, a parable of the Gospels, St. John’s hymn, St. Matthew’s Gospel). Paul on love); selected Greek myths.
A selection of journalism from the press and other social media; selected comic books; selected television programs.
Lektury klasa II i III gimnazjum 2010/2011, list list
Selected works from the world classics:
– Homer – Iliad or Odyssey (fragments);
– Song of Roland (fragments);
– William Shakespeare – Romeo and Juliet;
– Miguel Cervantes – Don Quixote (fragments);
– Charles Dickens – The Christmas Eve Story or David Copperfield (fragments);
– Anton Chekhov – a selected novella;
– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry – The Little Prince or The Night Flight;
– Ernest Hemingway – short story of your choice.
Selected works from Polish classics:
– Jan Kochanowski – selected epigrams, songs, psalms and trens;
– A selection of Baroque poetry;
– Ignacy Krasicki – selected fairy tales and one of the satires;
– Adam Mickiewicz – selected fairy tales and ballads, Dziady cz. II, Pan Tadeusz (fragments);
– Juliusz Słowacki – Balladyna (fragments);
– Alexander Fredro – The Revenge;
– Henryk Sienkiewicz – a selected novella;
– Bolesław Prus – selected novella;
– Stefan Żeromski – Syzyfowe prace / Syzyphus Works, selected novella.
A selection of 19th century poetry, a selection of 20th century poetry.
A selection of novels of the 19th and 20th centuries (including at least one positivist work).
Selected works of contemporary Polish prose and drama.
Selected works about growing up, including novels for young people.
Examples of memoir, diary, literary correspondence, reportage, including Aleksander Kaminski – Kamienie na szaniec; Miron Białoszewski – Pamiętnik z powstania warszawskiego (fragments).
Examples of regional literature, contribution of regional literature to the national treasury of literature.
Journalistic, informative and advertising texts selected from magazines and daily press.
Works suggested by students and the teacher, including popular literature (at least one work per class).
Other elements of culture (theater performances, films, radio plays, television programmes, iconic messages, sung poetry).
– The Bible (Song of Songs, St. John’s Hymn, etc.). Paul on Love, Revelation);
– Anton Chekhov, Death of an Official;
– Ernest Hemingway – The Old Man and the Sea;
– Arkady Fiedler – Squadron 303;
– Melchior Wańkowicz – Ziele na kraterze;
– Jan Kochanowski – song: Co chcesz od nas, Panie…;
– Adam Mickiewicz – Ballady i romantse;
– Henryk Sienkiewicz – The Teutonic Knights;
– Bolesław Prus – The Waistcoat;
– Zofia Kossak- Szczucka – Bursztyny;
– works by Krzysztof Kamil Baczyński, Konstanty Ildefons Gałczyński, Zbigniew Herbert, Maria Pawlikowska-Jasnorzewska, Kazimierz Wierzyński, Jan Lechoń, Tadeusz Różewicz, Wisława Szymborska, Czesław Miłosz, Fr. Jan Twardowski.
– Novels for young people by Małgorzata Musierowicz or Irena Jurgielewiczowa.
– Paweł Zuchniewicz – Uncle Charles. Priestly years of the Pope;
– Karolina Lanckorońska – War Memories.
The teacher can choose pieces not mentioned in the list Sample reading