What is normobaric?
Normobaric therapy is becoming more and more popular as a method supporting classical therapies. Normobaria can be used both by healthy people who want to improve their condition and take care of their health, and patients with various disorders. What exactly is normobaria and what does it involve? What positive effects it has on the human body, we will talk about in this article.
What is normobaric??
Normobaria is a modern oxygen therapy, which has been developed to provide the human body with optimal living conditions. Therefore, in a normobaric chamber https://lifechamber.en/living-chamber/ is different pressure and composition of air than the one we come into contact with every day. While spending time in the normobaric chamber, a person breathes a special mixture of gases containing:
- 40% concentration of oxygen – that is, twice as much as in the air,
- The much higher concentration of carbon dioxide of about 2%,
- An increased amount of molecular hydrogen of almost 0.5%.
It is also worth noting that the gas mixture in the normobaric chamber is also devoid of all the pollutants currently present in the air we breathe every day, which are extremely harmful to the human body. Thanks to this, oxygen therapy has a beneficial effect on numerous processes in the human body.
Normobaric chamber oxygen therapy can be used by people of different ages and with different health problems, as there are few contraindications to its use. Normobaria cannot be used by people who suffer from:
- ear inflammation,
- Upper respiratory tract infections,
- some infectious diseases,
- inflammation of the optic nerve
- an implanted pacemaker;
- a history of lung or temporal bone surgery.
How oxygen, carbon dioxide and hydrogen work on the human body?
Why are the concentrations of oxygen, carbon dioxide and hydrogen increased in the gas mixture in the normobaric chamber? These three compounds have an extremely important impact on the health of every person.
Everyone knows that without oxygen we can survive only a few minutes. Its presence is the basis for the proper functioning of all body cells. Oxygen is an essential ingredient in the process of cellular respiration, during which the energy needed for cell function is produced. Proper oxygenation of the body enables efficient functioning of all tissues and organs. Lack of adequate oxygenation, e.g. as a result of anemia or atherosclerotic lesions leads to serious diseases and disorders in the body.
Although we associate carbon dioxide with something harmful, it is also necessary for the proper functioning of our body. CO2 is responsible for proper oxygenation of the tissues and its concentration must not fall below 5%. When the amount of carbon dioxide in the blood is too low oxygen “sticks” to hemoglobin and is not released into the cells where it is needed. Thus, symptoms of hypoxia occur. Moreover, carbon dioxide is also responsible for the acid-base balance and dilates the walls of blood vessels, facilitating the transport of oxygenated blood throughout the body.
And what do you need molecular hydrogen for? Although its concentration in the blood is much lower, its presence is also necessary to protect the body from free radicals that cause tissue damage. Molecular hydrogen is a powerful antioxidant that binds free radicals.
What are the benefits of normobaria for the body?
How does normobaria affect our body and what positive effects does it have? Here are some of the most important benefits.
- Increased atmospheric pressure, which prevails in the normobaric chamber, increases the number of multiplying stem cells, which are responsible for regenerative processes. It speeds up the healing process after injuries, as well as various types of surgeries and convalescence after diseases.
- It improves the body’s performance and both its physical and mental condition.
- Slows down the skin aging process and increases its elasticity.It is therefore recommended by aesthetic medicine specialists.
- Adequate oxygenation of brain cells improves cognitive processes, concentration and memory.
- Improves blood circulation and stimulates the formation of new blood vessels.
- Reduces swelling after injuries.
- It speeds up metabolic processes in the body.
When to use normobaric chamber oxygen therapy?
Normobaria has a wide range of effects. It is for these reasons that oxygen therapy in a normobaric chamber is recommended, not only to improve the condition of healthy people, but also as a support for the treatment of diseases such as: